5 productive things you can do on your phone before sleeping
Do you spend the last few minutes of your day staring at your phone? Well, here are five ways to put them to good use.
Let’s face it, all of us indulge in some form of mindless social media scrolling everyday. And if you, like several others are one of the many night owls who are obsessed with stalking random people on Facebook or Twitter, it might be time to put those minutes to good use.
Because let’s face it, you’re not giving up on your phone and social media–so, here goes.
1. Learn a new language: It’s never too late to explore a territory you’ve never stumbled upon before. Plug in your earphones, but instead of listening to the same old songs that are already embedded in your head, make space for something new. Remember all those times your desire to learn a new language didn’t materialise? Well, your time is now. Mobile applications like Duolingo are hassle-free, comprehensive and extremely helpful when it comes to learning something new. So, French, Spanish or German? What are YOU learning tonight?
2. Read a book: If physical copies are not your thing, try downloading free PDFs that run into millions. You name a topic and chances are you’ll get at least a hundred options to choose from. Fiction to non-fiction, history to geography and humour to romance, the availability of options is infinite. If you are investing the last few hours of the day into your phone, might as well make the most of it.
3. Listen to a podcast: If you’re intimated by the universe of podcasts, start with the Indian ones. From humorous podcasts like Kaan Masti (Hoezaay and Suresh Menon), AIB, Our Last Week (Anuvab Pal and Kunaal Roy Kapur) to those like SynthesisTalk, The Indian Startup Show that inform and educate you, the world of podcasts runs as far as you can jog your brain. Optionally, you can also listen to audio books that will save you the trouble of staring into your mobile screen at a stretch.
4. Take up a course: There are a variety of free online courses available on the internet. From lessons on Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) to the basics of photography, you can literally learn anything.
5. QuizUp: Chances of one not wanting to expand his/her horizon are quite bleak, so why not be competitive and enthusiastic about it? Mobile apps like QuizUp and Words prove extremely lucrative in teaching you new things while helping you gauge your level of knowledge in comparison to random individuals.
For news and videos in Hindi, go to AajTak.in. ताज़ातरीन ख़बरों और वीडियो के लिए आजतक.इन पर आएं.