Victoria Azarenka to miss United States Open over child custody battle
Two-time Grand Slam winner Victoria Azarenka has taken out from the United States Open due to custody battle for son.
(Reuters image) Emphasizes Two-time Grand Slam winner Victoria Azarenka has pulled out from the United States Open due to custody battle for boy
Azarenka returned to action in June, after the birth of her kid Leo last December
Because going back to action, Azarenka has reached the last 16 at the Mallorca Open in June and Wimbledon
Two-time Grand Slam winner Victoria Azarenka has actually withdrawn from the US Open as she is not enabled to take her child boy from California amid a custody battle with her former partner.The 28-year-old Belarusian returned to action in June, after the birth of her boy Leo last December, and had been confident that legal arrangements could be exercised to allow her to complete in the August 28-September 10 Grand Slam in New York.” I am sadly unable to compete in this year’s US Open due to my ongoing household situation that I am overcoming,”former world top Azarenka, a finalist at Flushing Meadows in 2012 and 2013, said in a declaration.”While I will very much miss being in New York and playing in one of my favourite
competitions where I have actually delighted in a few of the very best moments in my profession, I am currently looking forward to being back next year.” Due to the custody fight, Azarenka is reluctant to leave her son behind in California, where she has a home and where her kid was born.In an open letter posted on social media recently, Azarenka said no one needs to ever have to choose between a kid and their career. She also said the only method she might play in the US Open is if she left her child behind in California, which she was not going to do.Since returning to action, Azarenka has actually reached the last 16 at the Mallorca Open in June and Wimbledon.Azarenka’s withdrawal has opened up a place for Japan’s Misa Eguchi in the main draw at the year’s last Grand Slam.